Mid-back, neck and rib pain
Why is this occurring?
- Postural changes with pregnancy
- Prolonged positions when feeding baby
- Weakness of core abdominal muscles
- Awkward sleeping positions
What are the signs and symptoms?
- Pain in neck region possibly extending up into the head
- Stiffness in the neck or upper back region
- Heaviness/ fatigue in neck region, feeling the need to support your neck
- Sharp pain in the ribs
What can be done to help me?
- A through assessment to determine the cause of your pain
- Education about appropriate postural changes/ appropriate feeding positions to relieve pain
- Specific exercise program to strengthen postural and core muscles
- Expert hands on treatment to relieve stiff painful joints
- Postural taping to relieve pain and reinforce correct posture